Legal and Ethical Issues at the End of LifeMay 31, 2023
To Report or Not to Report… That is the QuestionJuly 20, 2023
Dates: Wednesday, JUNE 28, 2023
Webinar time: 12:00PM – 1:00PM Central Time
1.0 CE for CEU credit for both nurses (AANAC) and administrators (NCERS/NAB)
This program will concentrate on the nurses’ role, the Physician’s role, the Social Workers’ role, and the Pharmacy’s role in ensuring medications prescribed meet guidelines and care plans and documentation are targeted to protect all Residents!
It has been known that there has been an increase in residents seeking greater drug use. Therefore, it becomes important to look at all MD orders that may interact with brain function and/or pain meds that could increase drug cravings!
What we will learn:
- Overview of requirements for residents with a diagnosis of Substance Use Disorders, i.e. (SUD)
- Review of MD‘s responsibility to evaluate all medications monthly and document continued need and effectiveness.
- Monitoring residents for signs and symptoms of Drug seeking behavior.
- Overview of Pain Management and Use of Controls and Opioids.
- Understanding the Social Workers’ role in dealing with residents with SUD.
Presented by: Ruth West, RN – President of Consistent Compliance
Please share this invitation with other nurses or key department heads that would benefit from this informational presentation.
CLICK HERE » to register. To receive proper credit, please specify MMP on your registration.
All copyrights, trademarks, service marks, and trade names are the property of their respective owners.