When is Less More?
Date: Wednesday, April 29, 2020
Webinar time: 12:00PM – 1:00PM Central
1.0 CE for CEU credit for both nurses (AANAC) and administrators (NCERS/NAB)
“Deprescribing” has become one of the tools used as a protocol for systematically reviewing medications, with the goal of reducing or eliminating drug therapies that carry high risks, are duplicative in nature, or which may no longer be necessary. Outcomes include simplicity, reduction of side effects, and elimination of adverse events associated with medication groups or classes.
This session will address the following learning objectives:
- Understand the concepts of de-prescribing and polypharmacy
- Review the pros and cons of incorporating de-prescribing into the medication review process
- Evaluate the benefits of de-prescribing for all at-risk patient categories
- Identify key medication groups and categories to prioritize when putting a de-prescribing protocol into action
- Provide references and tools to encourage de-prescribing by medical providers and acceptance of this practice by their colleagues and patients.
Join Rob Accetta, RPh, C-MTM, BCGP, President of RivercareRx Consulting as he shares his expertise with us and provides guidance on ways to effectively deprescribe.
This webinar will be of interest to nurses and administrators.
Please forward to others within your community that would benefit from participating.
CLICK HERE » to register. In order to receive proper credit, please specify MMP on your registration.
CLICK HERE » to download participation instructions.
Call Brenda Brinka at 708-710-3003 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how MMP can help your community succeed and grow.