EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS CONCEPTS
CMS’ Requirements of Participation
BEING SAFE – NOT SORRY
Date: Wednesday, September 5, 2018
Webinar time: 12:00PM – 1:00PM Central
1.0 CE for CEU credit for both nurses (AANAC) and administrators (NCERS/NAB)
Whether you are governed by CMS or not, being prepared for disasters is critical. Essential concepts of emergency preparedness in our LTC Communities, including the disaster management continuum of planning, mitigation, response and recovery, is something that every staff person should be aware of – so that every employee is ready for anything if their facility is at risk.
This webinar is designed to address various kinds of disasters that could randomly impact any one of our facilities. Realizing that every that every threat is different, we will address universal steps that can be taken to keep residents and staff safe during random disasters and acts of violence.
Do you know…
- CMS’ requirements regarding emergency preparedness?
- How long it will take to evacuate in the event of a natural disaster?
- What security measures are in place for gunfire?
- What to do if every step in your plan is overshadowed by escalating disaster?
- Best practices for training employees and even residents on possible disasters?
- That the mentality of ‘it will never happen to my facility” can be a disaster in and of itself?
Join Dr. Jim Wooddell as he reviews the common threads in all of these threats and provides guidance on ways to prepare, what to watch for – and the best ways to prepare that may save your life and others.
Please forward this invitation to relevant staff within your facility. Click Here.
CLICK HERE » to register.
CLICK HERE » to download participation instructions.
CLICK HERE » to download system instructions.
Call Brenda Brinka at 708-710-3003 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how MMP can help your community succeed and grow.